[Humanist] 26.401 publication: artworks; Hansard

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Oct 19 16:40:05 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Andrew Prescott <andrew.prescott at kcl.ac.uk>               (32)
        Subject: Open Data Institute Artworks

  [2]   From:    Andrew Prescott <andrew.prescott at kcl.ac.uk>               (25)
        Subject: Hansard

        Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 09:46:32 +0100
        From: Andrew Prescott <andrew.prescott at kcl.ac.uk>

Data-Driven Art proposals invited for by Tim Berners-Lee's new Open Data
Institute.

One of the ODI’s goals is to showcase the possibilities of open data and
we aim to highlight the wide-ranging potential for this emerging field.
Proposals are sought for all forms of data-driven art, including:
screen, wall, or ceiling based, free-standing, roaming, interactive,
site-specific, permanent or temporary. We are looking for time-based or
kinetic works but all data-generated work will be accepted for review.

The work should, in some way, incorporate or reflect the ODI’s focus on
getting value from data: social, economic, and/or environmental. Data
can be real-time or static, collected from personal or local sensors
(e.g. heart-rate, movement, transport systems) or online global sources
(e.g. stock market, air pollution, population demographics).

We are interested in work that represents change, movement, and
fluctuation in data in innovative ways, abstractly or literally.

We aim to engage at least 5 artists:

	• Existing or adapted works will be awarded £1,000
	• New commissions will receive up to £3,000

The application deadline is TIGHT - SUNDAY 28th OCTOBER, (with delivery
by end of November) but the application requirements are fairly simple.

Further details here: http://www.mztek.org/odi-data-art-commission/
--
Professor Andrew Prescott FRHistS
Head of Department