[Humanist] 26.399 value of the humanities

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Oct 19 16:36:46 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 14:56:59 -0700
        From: Jascha Kessler <urim1 at verizon.net>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 26.392 What is the value of the humanities?

Here is a perhaps persuasive comment on Humanities.
I recall King James' comment to the fanatic puritan presbyter folk who
wanted to do away with Henry VIII's *novus ordo.  *He said, "What! No
Bishops?  No Bishops, no King!"
So for Humanities, *What!  No Humanities?  No Civilization!*
In short, descent into the oubliette of a *novus ordo "ordurum..."*
Jascha Kessler

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Humanist Discussion Group <

--
Jascha Kessler
Telephone/Facsimile: 310.393.4648