[Humanist] 26.386 events: Greco-Roman drama; progress; databases & literary studies

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Oct 16 10:11:40 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Shawn Day <day.shawn at GMAIL.COM>                           (15)
        Subject: Colloquium: Greco-Roman Drama in Context - Ancient and
                Modern

  [2]   From:    Maureen Engel <maureen.engel at ualberta.ca>                 (70)
        Subject: CFP HASTAC 2013: The Storm Of Progress

  [3]   From:    Hannah McGregor <mcgregoh at uoguelph.ca>                    (21)
        Subject: cfp: "The Genre of the Twenty-First Century"? Databases and
                the Future of Literary Studies

        Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 14:06:36 +0000
        From: Shawn Day <day.shawn at GMAIL.COM>
        Subject: Colloquium: Greco-Roman Drama in Context - Ancient and Modern

Venue: Academy House, 19 Dawson Street, Dublin 2
Date: Thursday 15 November and Friday 16 November, 2012

In this colloquium speakers from diverse backgrounds (classics, theatre, drama, digital arts and humanities) will explore the ancient and modern production and reception contexts of Greek and Roman drama. Topics include the realities of ancient masked theatre, the intellectual and ritual contexts of Greek tragedy, and the reception, translation and production of ancient tragedy in Ireland today.

Thursday Speaker:

Dr Hugh Denard (keynote speaker) is Lecturer in Digital Humanities at King’s College London. His research interests include the application of digital visualisation methods to ancient Greek and Roman drama and twentieth-century Irish theatre performance. He has also been involved in the development of internationally-adopted methodological principles for historical visualisation. Hugh’s lecture focuses on the King’s Visualisation Lab project ‘The Body and Mask in Ancient Theatre Space’ (www.kvl.cch.kcl.ac.uk/masks.html

The lecture is followed by a reception at 19.15

Friday Speakers:

Dr Bridget Martin
Professor Michael Lloyd
Dr Anastasia Remoundou-Howley