[Humanist] 26.382 New Humanities at Roma III

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Oct 15 09:41:18 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 22:04:43 +0200
        From: Domenico Fiormonte <domenico.fiormonte at gmail.com>
        Subject: New Humanities

Dear all,

Together with an international team of scholars today (October 15th) we are
launching a new initiative called "New Humanities".  NH is the result of an
interdisciplinary collaboration made possible by a grant assigned by the
University of Roma Tre to a group of about ten colleagues coming from
different backgrounds and fields. So far the project is built around seven
case studies, but we hope to add more, and include also material coming from
different sources. If you have resources or material to share or recommend,
please let us know!

Our web site is still provisional, but the essential info is there:
http://www.newhumanities.org/

We would like to share our project and ideas with all interested people,
including other similar initiatives and research groups (i.e.
http://www.interdisciplines.org/conferences/Global-Humanities).

We are starting today with an exciting seminar on "Biology, Knowledge and
Culture" with two renowned experts, Marcello Buiatti (biologist) and
Giuseppe Longo (mathematician and philosopher).

For more info and a reflection see also:
http://infolet.it/2012/10/13/new-humanities/

If you are interested in participating to NH, please do not hesitate to
contact us at info at newhumanities.org.

All the best

Domenico