[Humanist] 26.377 alternative publishing & open access

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun Oct 14 10:23:16 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Thomas.Gloning at germanistik.uni-giessen.de                 (18)
        Subject: alternative publishing & open access

  [2]   From:    virginia kuhn <vkuhn at cinema.usc.edu>                      (50)
        Subject: new PhDs are researchers! re:[Humanist] 26.371 alternative
                publishing+ advice

        Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 20:38:01 +0200
        From: Thomas.Gloning at germanistik.uni-giessen.de

For those of you with a command of German:

Bader, Anita ; Fritz, Gerd ; Gloning, Thomas (eds.):
Digitale Wissenschaftskommunikation 2010-2011 : Eine Online-Befragung
Giessen: GEB 2012.

Among other things this study investigates Open Access, Open Peer
Review and the use of mailing lists, blogs, and social media in
different fields of research (in Germany).

While we are on this subject: In another "book" we studied new digital
forms of communication in science:

Gloning, Thomas ; Fritz, Gerd (eds.):
Digitale Wissenschaftskommunikation : Formate und ihre Nutzung
Giessen: GEB 2011.

Searching for "Willard" or "Humanist" will take you to the places
where our marvelous list is mentioned.

All best,
Thomas