[Humanist] 26.373 small print newsletter to digital

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Oct 13 10:10:00 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 09:27:12 +0100
        From: Alexander Hay <alexander.hay at gmail.com>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 26.369 small print newsletter to digital?

Dear Mandy,

As a rule, you can design something with a print-style layout in InDesign
and save it as a .pdf. Mount the file on a CMS and job's a good 'un, as
they say.

You can also convert Word docs to .pdf via Open Office. Again, just host
the end result and all is well.

You may need to come up with a completely different version for
smartphones, though. I'd go so far as to say content for these platforms
count as a medium in their own right, given how differently they are read
and so written.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards,

- Alexander

On 12 October 2012 05:47, Humanist Discussion Group <