[Humanist] 26.371 alternative publishing

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Oct 12 06:54:34 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 10:28:10 +0100
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: alternative publishing

Hard on the heels of the open letter from the President of the Royal
Historical Society that my colleague Andrew Prescott forwarded via
Humanist comes a brief note from one of our new PhD students, Samuel
Moore, as follows:

> I'm writing with my Open Book Publishers hat on. I wasn't sure
> whether this was suitable for dissemination through the Humanist
> list, but Paul Jump has just written a nice story on us in THE -
> http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=26&storycode=421432&c=1
> .

As you will see Mr Jump explicitly uses the Finch Report to highlight
what Open Book is doing. And I can say as one who has published an
edited collection with this publisher and then recommended the same
to the editor of a collection for which I have written, Open Book is doing a
splendid job.

(www.isr-journal.org); Editor, Humanist