[Humanist] 26.525 publications: Digital Humanities; Digital Antiquarian

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Nov 27 05:29:55 CET 2012

                              www.dhhumanist.org/
                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Neven Jovanovic <neven.jovanovic at ffzg.hr>                 (17)
        Subject: Digital Antiquarian

  [2]   From:    Patrick Durusau <patrick at durusau.net>                     (23)
        Subject: Digital_Humanities (MIT Press, Nov. 2012)

        Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 16:15:39 +0100
        From: Neven Jovanovic <neven.jovanovic at ffzg.hr>

Willard,

you probably know about this, but just to be sure:

 http://www.filfre.net/
The Digital Antiquarian
Ruminations on the state of some arts by Jimmy Maher

> The bulk of the posts here form an historical chronicle of interactive
> entertainment, particularly story-focused games (what I like to refer to
> as “ludic narratives.”) This project could take years, but
> that’s fine; I’m enjoying it immensely, and happy to take my
> time poking at digital artifacts that are in many cases virtually
> forgotten. As I work my way through history, I’m also trying as much
> as possible to share the tools and techniques I use, to help digital
> historians who come after me and to help to preserve as much of this
> history as possible.

-- seems very well and carefully written.

Best,

Neven

        Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 10:45:22 -0500
        From: Patrick Durusau <patrick at durusau.net>

Willard,

You may already have notice of it but I saw today:

Digital Humanities

*Authors:* Peter Lunenfeld / Anne Burdick / Johanna Drucker / Todd
Presner / Jeffrey Schnapp.

*Publication: * The MIT Press, November 2012.

http://lab.softwarestudies.com/2012/11/digitalhumanities-book-is-out.html (blog
entry)

http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/digitalhumanities-0 (MIT Press page)

Following the link "Open Access Edition" downloads a PDF copy of the book.

Hope you are having a great week!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick at durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)
Former Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau