[Humanist] 26.513 novices? critical text editor?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Nov 24 10:12:40 CET 2012

                              www.dhhumanist.org/
                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    maurizio lana <m.lana at lett.unipmn.it>                     (26)
        Subject: critical text editor: anyone who uses it?

  [2]   From:    Andrew Prescott <andrewjprescott at gmail.com>                (6)
        Subject: Novice Digital Humanists

        Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 15:15:31 +0100
        From: maurizio lana <m.lana at lett.unipmn.it>

dear humanists,

i would be interested in knowing who uses (or used) CTE critical text
editor in order to produce printed critical editions of texts.

but also in general i would like to know your general experience - if
any - with computer tools for critical editions generations (pure LateX;
CollateX; and so on): do they constitute a real advantage over previous
methods mainly paper-and-pencil? do they have important drawback which
must be known? etc.

with thanks for your help.

maurizio

--
Cumè petali e föi, cumè petali e föi
Siam cresciuti tutti insieme dalla stessa venatura
D'un ramo, ma poi
Cumè petali e föi, cumè petali e föi
Siamo stati tutti diramati a piacimento
In comprimari ed eroi
Vad Vuc, Petali e föi
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6XMvKud1Rk)
-------
il mio corso di informatica umanistica:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85JsyJw2zuw
-------
Maurizio Lana - ricercatore
Università  del Piemonte Orientale, Dipartimento di Studi Umanistici
via Manzoni 8, 13100 Vercelli - tel. +39 347 7370925