[Humanist] 26.510 fellowships at IATH: apologies

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Nov 21 07:55:49 CET 2012

                              www.dhhumanist.org/
                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Sarah Wells <spw4s at virginia.edu>                          (32)
        Subject: Re:  26.503 fellowships at IATH (?)

  [2]   From:    Wendell Piez <wapiez at wendellpiez.com>                     (11)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 26.503 fellowships at IATH (?)

  [3]   From:    Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>          (33)
        Subject: apologies

        Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 09:56:13 -0500
        From: Sarah Wells <spw4s at virginia.edu>

Hiya. I must apologize: the announcement was not intended to be posted
on the Humanist Discussion Group. The text was an e-mail that was sent
to previous and current IATH Fellows, rather than the larger DH
community. The call for proposal notice is for the IATH Resident Fellows
program, which is for humanities faculty at the University of Virginia.

That said, IATH collaborates regularly with other institutions and with
DHers outside of UVA, but that work is funded by outside grant moneys.
The only financial support that we can offer is the Resident Fellows
program.

I'm sorry for the confusion over this! Any questions about our
Fellowship program can be sent to me (sarah at virginia.edu) or to Daniel
Pitti (dpitti at virginia.edu).

Sincerely yours,
Sarah Wells
IATH Scholarly and Technical Communications Officer

Sarah Wells
Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities
spw4s at virginia.edu    434-924-4370 or 434-924-4527

O proud left foot, that ventures quick within
Then soon upon a backward journey lithe.
Anon, once more the gesture, then begin:
Command sinistral pedestal to writhe.
Commence thou then the fervid Hokey-Poke,
A mad gyration, hips in wanton swirl.
To spin! A wilde release from Heavens yoke.
Blessed dervish! Surely canst go, girl.
The Hoke, the poke -- banish now thy doubt
Verily, I say, 'tis what it's all about.

(Jeff Brechlin, Potomac Falls.
Stolen from the Washington Post's Style Invitational Week CLXI)