[Humanist] 26.491 events: open access; collection database; AI & Turing Test

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Nov 16 09:52:47 CET 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Andrew Prescott <andrew.prescott at kcl.ac.uk>               (42)
        Subject: The Finch Report, open access and the historical community

  [2]   From:    "Gauvin, Jean-Francois" <gauvin at FAS.HARVARD.EDU>          (19)
        Subject: Go Ask A.L.I.C.E.: A Panel Discussion @ Harvard

  [3]   From:    Andrew Prescott <andrew.prescott at kcl.ac.uk>               (19)
        Subject: Seminar: BM Collection Database

        Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 14:52:17 +0000
        From: Andrew Prescott <andrew.prescott at kcl.ac.uk>

The Finch Report, open access and the historical community - free colloquium

Friday, January 18 2013
Institute of Historical Research, University of London
Court room
Senate House, Malet Street
London WC1E 7HU
United Kingdom

http://events.history.ac.uk/event/show/7871

1.30        Registration

1.50        Introduction and welcome

2.00        Panel One

Philip Carpenter (VP and Managing Director, Social Sciences and Humanities, Scientific, Technical, Medical and Scholarly, Wiley)
Simon Chaplin (Head of the Wellcome Library)
Caren Milloy (Head of Projects, JISC Collections)
Daniel Pearce (Commissioning Editor, Humanities and Social Science Journals, Cambridge University Press)

3.00        Panel Two

Lyndal Roper (Regius Professor of History, University of Oxford)
Colin Jones (Outgoing President, Royal Historical Society)
Christopher Wickham (Publications Secretary, British Academy)
Felix Driver (Royal Holloway, University of London)

4.00        Tea/coffee

4.15        Roundtable discussion

Edward Acton (Vice-Chancellor, University of East Anglia)
Kimm Curran (History Lab Plus)
Michael Jubb (Executive Director, Research Information Network)
Mark Llewellyn (Director of Research, Arts and Humanities Research Council)
Other speakers TBC

5.00         Close

Registration is required, but there is no charge for attendance.

--
Professor Andrew Prescott FRHistS
Head of Department