[Humanist] 26.474 events: library & information studies

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Nov 10 09:57:25 CET 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 16:21:59 +0000
        From: Andrew Prescott <andrew.prescott at kcl.ac.uk>
        Subject: Events

CILIP’s Umbrella Conference 2013

Bringing the information world together

Discover. Connect. Achieve.

Manchester | 2-3 July 2013

Call for Papers now open

The Call for Papers is now open for the country’s leading library and
information conference:  Umbrella 2013. The Chartered Institute of
Library and Information Professionals (CILIP) Umbrella Conference
regularly attracts up to 600 delegates from across the library and
information world to meet, learn, debate and be inspired.

Proposals for presentation are invited from within and outside of the
profession on the four main themes for this year’s conference:

·        Future Skills and Future Roles: What will society need from our
profession?

·        Information to best support society: Information and digital
literacy in education, work, health and leisure

·        Beyond Information Matters: Pushing the frontiers of Knowledge
and Information Management

·        Partnerships for progress: Community engagement reaching our
communities at organisational, local, regional, national and
international levels

The closing date for entries is Friday 30 November 2012. For more
information visit the website

http://www.cilip.org.uk/umbrella2013/pages/call-for-papers.aspx

Any queries please contact Jason Russell, CILIP Events:
jason.russell at cilip.org.uk

Biddy Fisher OBE MLib FCLIP

Programme Director, CILIP UMBRELLA 2013

http://www.cilip.org.uk/umbrella2013/pages/call-for-papers.aspx