[Humanist] 26.468 a possible Shakespeare Hackday?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Nov 9 07:22:06 CET 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 17:53:24 +0000
        From: Andrew Prescott <a.prescott at sheffield.ac.uk>
        Subject: Looking for comments on a possible Shakespeare Hackday

Hi there,

Myself and my colleagues at EDINA are considering running a hackday
(likely to be December this year) for a project we've been working on
and which I hope may be of interest. The project is called Will's World
and it is a JISC-funded project to build a registry of metadata about
Shakespeare resources across the UK.

We have been inspired by other excellent hack events we've been to and
are wanting to run our own online hack event. We think that's a fairly
unusual way to do it and we really want some feedback on the idea and
the format from the people we want to be involved - which might
hopefully include some of you.

The hackday would be open to all (as will the registry) and I am very
much hoping you might able to involved either in giving us some feedback
on the idea, in the event itself or both!

We've put up a blogpost about our idea here:
http://willsworld.blogs.edina.ac.uk/2012/10/18/online-hack-event/

And the survey we are running to capture feedback is here:
https://www.survey.ed.ac.uk/willsworldhack/

Please do feel free to forward/share with others - we want to both get
word out about the possible event and capture as much feedback as
possible before we start planning so we can make sure it actually works
well.

Huge thanks in advance!

- Nicola.

--
Nicola Osborne
Social Media Officer

EDINA website:
http://www.edina.ac.uk/

t: 0131 651 3873
e: nicola.osborne at ed.ac.uk

a: EDINA, The University of Edinburgh, Causewayside House, 158-162
Causewayside, Edinburgh EH9 1PR

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

--
Nicola Osborne
Social Media Officer

EDINA website: