[Humanist] 26.445 events: DH2013 deadline extension; Visualising TechCity at UCL

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Nov 1 09:37:42 CET 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        From: Humanist Discussion Group <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Nowviskie, Bethany (bpn2f)"                              (12)
                <bpn2f at eservices.virginia.edu>
        Subject: DH 2013 deadline extension

  [2]   From:    Andrew Prescott <andrew.prescott at kcl.ac.uk>               (48)
        Subject: Visualising TechCity at UCL

        Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 12:37:21 +0000
        From: "Nowviskie, Bethany (bpn2f)" <bpn2f at eservices.virginia.edu>

In light of widespread power outages and disruptions caused by Hurricane Sandy on the eastern seaboard of the United States, the international program committee for Digital Humanities 2013 has decided to extend our deadline for proposals by 48 hours.

The NEW DEADLINE for paper, poster, and panel sessions at DH 2013 is 11:59pm GMT on Saturday, November 3rd.

The "bidding phase" for the conference, a new feature for DH 2013 in which registered reviewers will be able to indicate preferences and mark conflicts of interest, will therefore extend from November 5th-8th, and reviewing will happen on schedule, from November 10th-December 14th.

If you are a reviewer or author residing in an area affected by the hurricane, who needs to communicate extenuating circumstances, please contact us at dh2013 at unl.edu.

On behalf of the Program Committee,
Bethany Nowviskie (chair)
http://dh2013.unl.edu/

Bethany Nowviskie, MA Ed, Ph.D
Director, Digital Research & Scholarship, UVA Library
Associate Director, Scholarly Communication Institute
President, Association for Computers & the Humanities
nowviskie.org | scholarslab.org | uvasci.org | ach.org