[Humanist] 26.50 events: cultural attitudes; the Archimedes palimpsest

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue May 29 22:43:27 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "catac at it.murdoch.edu.au" <catac at it.murdoch.edu.au>       (15)
        Subject: Program and travel information - CATaC12, 18-20 June,
                Aarhus,Denmark

  [2]   From:    Dot Porter <dot.porter at gmail.com>                         (18)
        Subject: TED Talk: William Noel on "Revealing the lost codex of
                Archimedes"

        Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 05:51:13 +0100
        From: "catac at it.murdoch.edu.au" <catac at it.murdoch.edu.au>
        Subject: Program and travel information - CATaC12, 18-20 June, Aarhus,Denmark

On behalf of the Organizing Committee - we are very pleased to announce that the detailed program for CATaC'12 (Cultural Attitudes towards Technology and Communication) is now available on the conference website: www.catacconference.org.

The program is made up of presentations from colleagues from over 20 countries, and is accompanied by a great deal of detailed information regarding travel to and from Aarhus, Denmark, excursion possibilities, restaurant recommendations, etc.

Registration for CATaC'12 is still open - but please note that accommodation will be extremely tight during this period in Aarhus. If you are considering attending, we strongly suggest that you ensure you have reserved accommodations before registering for the conference.

Our congratulations to the authors whose papers and panels were accepted and thereby constitute a very strong conference program indeed.  We very much look forward to welcoming presenters and participants to Aarhus in June.

All the best from "the city of smiles"
Charles Ess (Media Studies, Aarhus University)

Fay Sudweeks (Murdoch University, Australia)
Michele Strano (Bridgewater College, USA)
Herbert Hrachovec (University of Vienna, Austria)
Leah Macfadyen (University of British Columbia, Canada)
Maja van der Velden (University of Oslo, Norway)
Jose Abdelnour Nocera (University of West London, UK)
Kenneth Reeder (University of British Columbia, Canada)
Ylva Hård af Segerstad (Gothenburg University, Gothenburg, Sweden)
Andra Siibak (University of Tartu, Estonia)