[Humanist] 26.32 recommendations for research?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun May 20 02:00:51 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 09:58:13 +1000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: recommendations for research

Dear colleagues,

I am looking for a half-dozen research projects in the digital
humanities to study for their probing of any sort of cultural artefact
(literary text, painting, sculpture, musical work, dance performance
etc) for the boundary between computationally tractable data and our
notion of human cultural expression. I am particularly interested in any
research in the digital humanities which provokes us to reconsider what
we think is human about specific artefacts produced by humans. I want to
find out how, under what circumstances, with what sort of results,
computing forces us to refigure what we are.

Many thanks.

(www.isr-journal.org); Editor, Humanist