[Humanist] 26.7 jobs: postdoc and PhD studentships

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu May 10 03:51:21 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Hilde De Weerdt" <hilde.deweerdt at googlemail.com>         (40)
        Subject: Postdoctoral Research Associate-- East Asian Digital
                Humanities

  [2]   From:    Andrew Prescott <andrew.prescott at kcl.ac.uk>               (28)
        Subject: PhD Scholarships in Digital Arts and Humanities

        Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 10:18:34 +0100
        From: "Hilde De Weerdt" <hilde.deweerdt at googlemail.com>
        Subject: Postdoctoral Research Associate-- East Asian Digital Humanities

Dear colleagues,

I would like to draw your attention to a four-year post at King's College
London. We are looking for a candidate with an interest in visualization
and/or text mining for a project focusing on the history of communication in
imperial China.

The Research Associate in East Asian Digital Humanities will conduct
research and publish in an area relevant to the project (text mining-e.g.,
the automated mark-up and extraction of named entities in classical Chinese,
or visualization in the digital humanities); consult on appropriate mark-up
procedures; develop delivery and querying tools in collaboration with the
Department of Digital Humanities; manage the project website; liaise with
international experts; assist in the organization of a conference on
visualization in the humanities.

A Ph.D. in informatics or computing sciences, or a PhD. in a humanities
subject together with expertise in the digital humanities is required.

Familiarity with East Asian languages is desirable but not essential.

The position is for a duration of four years starting September 2012.

The closing date for receipt of applications is 10th June 2012. For further
details and an application pack, please go to

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/depsta/pertra/vacancy/external/pers_detail.php?jobindex
=11686

Best Wishes,

Hilde