[Humanist] 25.863 research fellowships at Glasgow

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Mar 30 07:09:00 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 21:07:54 +0100
        From: Ian Ruffell <ian.ruffell at GLASGOW.AC.UK>
        Subject: Kelvin Smith Fellowship in Digital Economy and Culture at Glasgow

Can I draw the list's attention to today's announcement by the University of
Glasgow that it is offering 36 Lord Kelvin Adam Smith research fellowships, of
three to five years in duration.

In addition to an open competition, there will also be specific fellowships in
some specific areas, one of which is "Digital Economy & Culture".

Classics is part of a School with the humanities computing unit/subject area
in Glasgow ("HATII") and so we are well-placed institutionally to support a
research fellow working within digital classics.

There are three application deadlines, the first of which is 31 May 2012.

Fuller details are available at:
http://www.gla.ac.uk/research/lordkelvinadamsmithfellowshipsandleadershipfellows/lordkelvinadamsmithfellowships/

The announcement is available here:
http://www.gla.ac.uk/news/headline_228988_en.html

Please could you draw the attention of these fellowships to anyone you think
might be interested in applying.

Thanks,

Ian
--
Dr Ian A Ruffell
Lecturer In Classics, School of Humanities