[Humanist] 25.861 one question?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Mar 29 07:32:03 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 06:31:36 +0100
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: one question?

If you had to choose one question whose pursuit is or could be central
to the digital humanities *and* would engage research in the greatest
number of other disciplines, what would that be? I do not mean technical
matters such as better retrieval mechanisms, image analytics, encoding
structures and the like, which I would think are really for computer
science, rather a question in the humanities that is or could be central
to the digital humanities.

Comments?

College London; Professor (fractional), University of Western Sydney;
Editor, Interdisciplinary Science Reviews (www.isr-journal.org); Editor,