[Humanist] 25.807 books in the digital humanities

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Mar 12 07:39:57 CET 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Alan Corre <corre at uwm.edu>                                 (5)
        Subject: Books *in* digital humanities

  [2]   From:    Marijana_Tomić <mtomic at unizd.hr>                        (215)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 25.804 books in the digital humanities

  [3]   From:    "Matthew K. Gold" <matt.lists at gmail.com>                  (27)

  [4]   From:    Igor Kramberger <k at aufbix.org>                            (31)
        Subject: Re: books *in* the digital humanities?

  [5]   From:    "William R. Bowen" <william.bowen at utoronto.ca>           (237)

        Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 08:53:48 -0500 (CDT)
        From: Alan Corre <corre at uwm.edu>

My recent book *Icon Programming for Humanists* should be of particular interest to those involved with digital stylistics. It discusses various statistical modes of handling such matters, and relieves the tedium of individual calculations. There is a new chapter in this second edition which explains how Unicode can now be employed for digital texts in non-Latin scripts such as Cyrillic and Indic. Unicode is truly a masterly achievement.

A free e-book version may be had at unicon.com/books/humanist.pdf

Hard copy is available from the publisher.

Alan D. Corré

http://people.uwm.edu/corre