[Humanist] 26.65 ACH events and initiatives: an invitation

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Jun 6 22:39:39 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 13:30:20 +0000
        From: "Nowviskie, Bethany (bpn2f)" <bpn2f at eservices.virginia.edu>
        Subject: Re: open agenda-setting at ACH: all welcome!

Dear colleagues --

Last month, we invited you to participate in an ACH experiment in grassroots agenda-setting. Over 2600 votes were cast by digital humanists on five continents, and the community contributed 26 ideas in all. Full results and a first follow-up message are here:

http://ach.org/ach-agenda-setting-next-steps

-- and the poll will remain open until after this summer's DH conference in Hamburg.

This will help you stay up-to-date on opportunities to get involved with the association, and on ACH events and initiatives. We will also share news about the conversations we will host and the reflections and progress reports we plan to offer, as -- with the help of our partners in ADHO -- we explore the ideas this process has surfaced.

With thanks,
Bethany Nowviskie

Bethany Nowviskie, MA Ed, Ph.D
Director, Digital Research & Scholarship, UVA Library
Associate Director, Scholarly Communication Institute
President, Association for Computers & the Humanities
scholarslab.org/<http://scholarslab.org/> ● uvasci.org/<http://uvasci.org/> ● ach.org/<http://ach.org/>