[Humanist] 26.183 Busa Award 2013

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun Jul 22 22:20:30 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Matthew Jockers <mjockers at unl.edu>                        (12)
        Subject: 2013 Busa Award Announced

  [2]   From:    John Levin <john at anterotesis.com>                          (8)
        Subject: Congratulations

        Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 01:37:55 +0000
        From: Matthew Jockers <mjockers at unl.edu>

Dear Humanists:

I was very pleased to serve as the Chair of the Busa Award committee this cycle, and though I am disappointed that I was unable to travel to Hamburg this year to make this announcement in person, I’m delighted with the end result. I am also delighted that the award will be given at the 2013 conference hosted by the University of Nebraska. I will certainly not miss next year’s meeting!

The winner of the 2013 Busa Award is a man of legendary kindness and generosity. His contributions to the growth and prominence of Digital Humanities will be familiar to us all. He is a gentleman, a scholar, a philosopher, and a long time fighter for the cause. He is, by one colleague’s accounting, the “Obi-Wan Kenobi” of Digital Humanities. I must concur that “the force” is strong with this one.  Please join me in congratulating Willard McCarty on his selection for the 2013 Busa Award.

We all look forward to hearing from him in 2013 at our meeting in Lincoln, Nebraska (http://dh2013.unl.edu/).
--
Matthew Jockers
Assistant Professor