[Humanist] 26.176 include new TAPoR? contents for new Companion?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Jul 21 01:24:51 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Kirsten C. Uszkalo <circe at ufies.org>                      (42)
        Subject: TAPoR 2.0 Relaunched: Looking for Scholars to Include
                Resource onSyllabi

  [2]   From:    Susan Schreibman <susan.schreibman at gmail.com>             (20)
        Subject: 2nd edition of the Blackwell Companion to Digital Humanities

        Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 08:48:52 -0600
        From: Kirsten C. Uszkalo <circe at ufies.org>
        Subject: TAPoR 2.0 Relaunched: Looking for Scholars to Include Resource onSyllabi

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing today to call your attention to some happy news!

You may have heard by now that TAPoR 2.0 was officially re-launched this
year at Congress to a very warm reception; and has been getting buzz
even now at DH!

We've streamlined the site considerably, re-imaging the interface,
removing seldom used functionality, and added functionality which we
believe will be of great interest to you, your colleagues, and your
students. We have added the ability to rate, evaluate, and comment on
tools.

TAPoR 2.0 is a platform finding, accessing, and using tools, both inside
the classroom and at the desk. It is also an excellent way to showcase
the tools you are excited about.

We are keen on getting the word out on the relaunch out to those who can
benefit by using the tools we point to and advertising their own on the
site. In this vein, we are very much hoping you might contact us and
send in a list of tools you would like included.

Please send a note to Kirsten C Uszkalo (kirsten at uszkalo.com) with a
list of your own tools you would like included, along with some "how to"
information, and the url. Let me know who you envision to be your core
user group, and how you would rank your tool in terms of "introductory"
or "advanced" or somewhere in between.

As we are keen to make sure your student can leverage TAPoR 2.0, please
feel free to write to me to let me know what you might need to see that
TAPoR 2.0 ends up on your syllabi.

Moreover, you know some people you think could benefit from hearing from
us, please do let me know, and please feel free to spread the news with
great enthusiasm amongst your own networks.

Thanks,
Kirsten
Project Lead: Usability | TAPoR Project | http://tapor.ca

___

Dr. Kirsten C. Uszkalo

- Project Lead | Witches in Early Modern England Project |
http://witching.org
- Editor | Preternature: Critical and Historical Studies in the
Preternatural | http://preternature.org
- Project Lead: Usability | TAPoR Project | http://tapor.ca
- E-Lab Scholar | Athabasca University || CIRCA Scholar | University of
Alberta

"Sure this woman is no witch, for she speaks many good words, which the
witches could not"