[Humanist] 26.174 an observation

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Jul 19 22:47:08 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 06:46:01 +1000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: an observation

Allow me to observe, while DH2012 bubbles energetically on the other
side of the world, the completeness of this (Downunder) morning's
postings: a question exactly of the kind Humanist was designed to
foster; a job advertisement; and an announcement of a new book in the
field. The only missing kind of item (an event) is too busy happening to
be represented, but in time, I trust, we'll get aftermaths of it. In
case you have not noticed, the website for DH2012
(http://www.dh2012.uni-hamburg.de/) is being frequently updated and
contains some live feeds as well as fast-breaking news. Am I correct in
thinking that attendance has exceeded all previous conferences in the field?

(www.isr-journal.org); Editor, Humanist