[Humanist] 26.153 new semantic annotation tool

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Jul 11 22:56:17 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 15:14:01 +0100
        From: Sam Leon <sam.leon at okfn.org>
        Subject: New Semantic Annotation Tool for the Digital Humanities

Dear The Humanist List,

On behalf of a new EU funded initiative called Digitised Manuscripts to
Europeana (DM2E)  http://dm2e.eu/  I'd like to announce that
*Pundit http://thepund.it/*, an open-source semantic annotation tool
for the Digital Humanities, is now ready for testing.

Please do take the time to try out Pundit and give us feedback on the
supplied forms so that we can improve them on future iterations.

If you have any questions about the project or the tools, please do not
hesitate to contact me.

All the best,
Sam

---

*Pundit*

Pundit is a powerful but easy to use semantic annotation tool. It enables
you to link sections of text to each other or to other Linked Data
resources on the net such as DBPedia, Freebase and Geonames. Pundit is
currently in its Alpha phase, but you can already try out a demo version of
the platform. Please remember to give us feedback on your experinces of
Pundit via the Pundit
questionnaire<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dExoMEV1MGJEcm9PNzF4VkI2NzZBRXc6MQ#gid=0>

TEST PUNDIT  http://thepund.it/demo.php

*The DM2E project going forward*

Pundit will continue to be developed as part of the DM2E (Digitised
Manuscripts to Europeana) project on the basis of feedback we receive from
user testing and continuing work on user requiremnets and scholarly
primitives led by Professor Gradmann at the Humboldt Universität.

To follow the project and receive updates about events, conferences and
code sprints we are running, please sign up to the project mailing
list http://sympa.cms.hu-berlin.de/sympa/subscribe/dm2e-news  or
visit the project website  http://dm2e.eu/ .

--
Sam Leon