[Humanist] 26.143 should I quit

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Jul 10 22:49:51 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Alexander Hay <alexander.hay at gmail.com>                  (235)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 26.135 should I quit

  [2]   From:    Hugh Cayless <philomousos at gmail.com>                      (60)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 26.133 Should I quit?

  [3]   From:    Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>          (37)
        Subject: quitting or not

  [4]   From:    Daniel Allington <daniel.allington at open.ac.uk>            (41)

        Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 02:21:38 +0100
        From: Alexander Hay <alexander.hay at gmail.com>

Dear Willard,

For me, the main problem is a lack of resources, particularly time. Plus, I
was made redundant from my (non-)academic job, so I'm in even more of a
parlous state.

My biggest fear is that I have worked very hard for a White Elephant
qualification that's either not good enough for some posts, or makes me too
qualified for others.

Thanks, in any case!

- Alexander