[Humanist] 26.133 Should I quit?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Jul 6 22:12:30 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 14:45:31 +0100
        From: Alexander Hay <alexander.hay at gmail.com>
        Subject: Should I quit?

A bit of a personal post, I know, but still.

I received my doctorate in 2009 and have been trying to get a job ever
since. One problem I had was the lack of a publication record, as I wasn't
told how important this was until towards the end of my PhD. The other
problem is that I've had to work ever since, so finding the time and
resources to research anything is very difficult too. I now only have two
publication credits to my name, and I am honestly considering giving up.
Was it all a waste of time? Tell me what you think.

- Alexander