[Humanist] 25.757 social network analysis for prosopography

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun Feb 26 10:10:39 CET 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Kirsten C. Uszkalo" <circe at ufies.org>                    (47)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 25.755 social network analysis for
                prosopography?

  [2]   From:    David Zeitlyn <david.zeitlyn at anthro.ox.ac.uk>             (21)
                prosopography?

        Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 08:30:25 -0700
        From: "Kirsten C. Uszkalo" <circe at ufies.org>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 25.755 social network analysis for prosopography?

Dear John,

We have experimented with an HTML5 network diagram here at the Witches in Early Modern England project for our "Reading Leaves" one of the three main visualizations of our prosospography.

Most of the project information can be found at http://witching.org.

We are rewriting the code on the project now, but the existing viz for Reading Leaves can be found at http://witching.org/throwing-bones/#HTMLF. I think we might change to Jplumb, but we have to squish one or two other bugs that are slowing is down first.

I'd be happy to chat about using these diagrams, and put you in contact with my programmers, especially since we modelled our prosopography off of PASE in the early days.

Best,
Kirsten
___

Dr. Kirsten C. Uszkalo

- Project Lead | Witches in Early Modern England Project | http://witching.org
- Editor | Preternature: Critical and Historical Studies in the Preternatural | http://preternature.org
- Project Lead: Usability | TAPoR Project | http://portal.tapor.ca/portal/portal
- CIRCA Scholar | University of Alberta | http://circa.ualberta.ca/

"Sure this woman is no witch, for she speaks many good words, which the witches could not"