[Humanist] 25.745 DHSI: thanks to sponsors

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Feb 22 09:51:42 CET 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 15:54:40 +0000
        From: Ray Siemens <siemens at uvic.ca>
        Subject: DHSI Tuition Scholarships and ACH Travel Bursaries for DHSI2012 (Thanks!)

Hi Folks,

At DHSI, we are immensely grateful to all our partners and sponsors for their immense support in the many ways they offer it!

The DHSI is sponsored by

the University of Victoria http://www.uvic.ca/  and its Library http://gateway.uvic.ca/index.html ,
the University of British Columbia Library http://www.library.ubc.ca/ ,
the College of Arts, University of Guelph http://www.uoguelph.ca/arts/ ,
Texas A&M University<http://www.tamu.edu>,
the Centre for Digital Humanities, Department of English, Ryerson University http://www.ryerson.ca/cdh/index.html ,
the Faculty of Arts, University of Waterloo http://arts.uwaterloo.ca/ ,
the Brittain Fellowship at Georgia Tech http://www.lcc.gatech.edu/writingcomm/brittain/ ,
the Simpson Center for the Humanities, University of Washington <http://depts.washington.edu/uwch/>,
the Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology/Faculty of Letters, University of Tokyo http://www.l.u-tokyo.ac.jp/eng/index.html ,
the Editing Modernism in Canada http://editingmodernism.ca  (EMiC) project,
NINES http://www.nines.org , and
INKE;

its organisational sponsors include the Alliance of Digital Humanities Organisations (ADHO)<http://digitalhumanities.org/>,
the Society for Digital Humanities / Société pour l'étude des médias interactifs (SDH/SEMI) http://www.sdh-semi.org/ ,
the Association for Computers and the Humanities (ACH) http://www.ach.org/ ,
the Social Science and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) <http://sshrc.ca/>,
and others.

It is this group, and beyond, that allow us to offer our Tuition Scholarship program, a program that in 2012 alone will facilitate the attendance of well over 100 members of our community – a remarkable contribution!

Supplementing these Tuition Scholarships is the Association for Computers and the Humanities (ACH) http://www.ach.org/  Travel Bursary for DHSI, specifically to assist ACH graduate students to attend the summer institute.  This year, there were over 50 strong applicants for the ACH bursary, and 10 bursaries have now been awarded from among this very deserving group (they will be presented at DHSI in June).

I hope you will join me in thanking all our partners and sponsors for their generous contributions to our community in this way, and in congratulating all those who have benefited directly from their very strong support!

With all best wishes,

Ray