[Humanist] 25.721 events: DH2012 news

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Feb 13 09:23:14 CET 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 08:21:18 +0000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: DH2012 news

 > From: DH2012 <dh2012 at uni-hamburg.de>
 > Date: Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 5:48 AM
 > Subject: [DH2012] News February: Hotel Booking Form, Student
Assistant Bursaries, ADHO Bursaries

Dear DH folks,

while we are eagerly awaiting for more results from the DH program
committee about the acceptance of submissions, let’s spread some other
great news.

You can now book your hotel rooms for DH2012. An online booking form is
available on our website. In order to make your travel plans, you may
have a look at the preliminary conference program (still subject to
changes): http://www.dh2012.uni-hamburg.de/conference/schedule/

We would like to encourage especially the young academics to participate
in the DH2012. In the spirit of the conference theme „Digital Diversity:
Cultures, languages and methods“ we hope to welcome students from all
over the world. There are two award schemes to gain financial support:
If your submission for DH2012 was accepted, you can apply for the ADHO
bursary award. If you have not submitted a paper or were unlucky and not
selected, you still have the opportunity to get a student assistant
bursary award for DH2012. This bursary is in exchange for a little help
during the conference. Further detailed information can be found below.

We will keep you updated with more DH2012 news soon and are looking
forward to seeing you in Hamburg!

Best wishes from your local hosts,
Chris and Katrin

-----

Hotel Online Booking Form

We have blocked a large contingent of reservations for conference
members at several hotels near the campus. Our conference support
division, the University of Hamburg Marketing GmbH, will be handling the
hotel reservations directly. The online booking form is now available on
the DH2012 website, for more information, click here.

The university campus is situated right in the heart of Hamburg. There
are lots of different places to stay. We will update you with some
alternative suggestions for short-term apartments and budget
accommodations soon.

Student Assistant Bursaries

The student assistant bursary scheme is designed to enable up to 12
international students to participate in the Digital Humanities
conference 2012 at the University of Hamburg. Successful applicants will
be required to support the running of the conference for a duration of
up to four and a half hours each day, but will otherwise be free to
participate at no cost in all conference sessions and receptions. Each
international student assistant will form a team with a local Hamburg
student.

For further information and instructions please visit:
http://www.dh2012.uni-hamburg.de/conference/call-for-student-assistant-bursaries/
If you would like to apply for a student assistant bursary for the
Digital Humanities conference, please register via ConfTool at:
https://secure.digitalhumanities.org/

ADHO Bursaries

The Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO) makes bursary
awards to students and young scholars who have submissions accepted for
presentation at the Digital Humanities 2012 conference. Both paper and
poster submissions qualify for consideration. The recipients receive a
cash award of 500 GBP to help defray expenses incurred in attending the
conference such as the conference registration, airline/train fare,
lodging, and meals paid by the recipient. Certificates are presented at
the Conference Banquet, which winners are invited to attend free of
charge, as guests of ADHO.

For further information and instructions please visit http://www.allc.org/

Twitter Hashtag

Please note that the official twitter hashtag for the DH conference was
changed to #dh2012.

College London; Professor (fractional), University of Western Sydney;
Editor, Interdisciplinary Science Reviews (www.isr-journal.org); Editor,