[Humanist] 26.629 events: H-Net at the AHA

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Dec 28 10:01:35 CET 2012

                              www.dhhumanist.org/
                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 11:36:43 +0900
        From: Charles Muller <acmuller at l.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
        Subject: CONFERENCE> H-Net at the AHA in New Orleans (Muller)

Dear Colleagues,

As many of you know, the "H" in "H-Net" originally stood for
"History", with H-Net originally being primarily a network for
historians, and still being predominated by history-oriented
discussion lists. Therefore, H-Net scholars have traditionally
centered their scholarly activities, including reports on H-Net, at
the annual meeting of the AHA, which usually occurs early in January.

This year's AHA meeting will include several panels that deal with
the recent and upcoming changes in H-Net, reflecting the rapid and
ongoing shifts in the way that scholars use the web to carry out
their research and communication.

With the possibility in mind that there are a few Digital Humanists
who might attend the AHA, I am appending below a message from
Peter Knupfer that outlines some of the highlights of the H-Net-related
events. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this time.

Regards,

Chuck