[Humanist] 26.589 events: performing arts; geeks; narrative; publishing

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Dec 15 11:57:44 CET 2012

                              www.dhhumanist.org/
                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Panayiota Polydoratou <polydoratou at libd.teithe.gr>        (86)
        Subject: 2nd Call for Papers - Elpub 2013

  [2]   From:    nesi <nesi at dsi.unifi.it>                                 (134)
        Subject: ECLAP 2013 International Conference - Call for Papers

  [3]   From:    Jon Agar <jonagar2000 at HOTMAIL.COM>                        (30)
        Subject: Invitation: Will the Geek Inherit the Earth? + New MSc
                launch party, STS London

  [4]   From:    Jan Christoph Meister <jan-c-meister at uni-hamburg.de>      (69)
        Subject: 2013 Workshop on Computational Models of Narrative (CMN
                2013)

        Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 10:09:13 +0200
        From: Panayiota Polydoratou <polydoratou at libd.teithe.gr>

*Call for Papers*

*17th International Conference on Electronic Publishing
*/*Mining the Digital Information Networks*/
June 13-14, 2013, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Karlskrona, Sweden

The main theme of the /17th International Conference on Electronic
Publishing (ELPUB, http://www.elpub.net)/ will be extracting and
processing data from the vast wealth of digital publishing and the ways
to use and reuse this information in innovative social contexts in a
sustainable way. We will bring together researchers and practitioners to
discuss data mining, digital publishing and social networks along with
their implications for scholarly communication, information services,
e-learning, e-businesses, the cultural heritage sector and other areas
where electronic publishing is imperative.

Electronic publishing is continuously changing, inviting new actors and
challenging traditional players. New technologies open new ways for
individuals, scholars, communities and networks to establish contacts,
exchange data, produce information, share knowledge in a large variety
of devices, from personal computers to mobile media.

There is an urgent need to rethink electronic publishing, in order to
develop and use new communication paradigms and technologies. It is a
matter of transforming and transmitting information not just into an
equivalent of paper but to develop a truly digital format, to allow
machine processing and new services, and to face the future of mobile
life. The /ELPUB 2013/ conference will focus on key issues concerning
the development of methods for gathering and processing information and
on the means for making these data useful and accessible for the digital
community.

To address those questions we need competence and knowledge from many
different fields. We welcome submissions from members of the communities
whose research is transforming the nature of electronic publishing and
scholarly communication. Topics include:

*Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery*

·Text Mining (Natural language processing, text harvesting, dynamic formatting)
·Open Data, Open Linked Data (Solutions, methods, tools)
·Web Mining (Knowledge discovery in web documents)
·Association Mining (Knowledge linking, discovery, presentation)
·Information Retrieval (Content search, analysis and retrieval)
·Visualization (Clustering, Graphs, Augmented reality)
·Stream Mining (Video tagging, Audiobook tagging)

*Publishing and Access*
·New publishing models (Business models, tools, services and roles)
·Open access (Publishing solutions, mandates, recommendations)
·Mobile information services (e-contents, e-books, etc.)
·Interoperability (Scalability and middleware infrastructure)
·Legal issues (Security, privacy and copyright issues)
·Digital preservation (Cultural heritage, content authentication)
·Semantic web (Metadata, information granularity, digital objects)
·Digital library (Repositories, services, future)

*Online Social Networks*
·New digital media (user studies, innovative publishing)
·User interfaces (Multilingual and multimodal interfaces, User generated
contents)
·Specific user communities (Services and technology, media and content)
·Personalization technologies (e.g. social tagging, folksonomies, RSS)
·Social interaction analysis (Author collaboration trends, publication
trends)
·Security, Privacy and Integrity (Online ethics, Privacy policies,
Online censorship)
·Network analysis (Modelling and visualization of science networks)
·Ubiquitous computing (Mobile and social network interactions, RFID book
tagging)

*Contributions are Invited for the Following Categories:*
· Full Research Papers (max: 10 pages)
· Full Professional Papers (max: 10 pages)
· Extended Abstracts (max: 1,500 words)

*Important Dates*

September 10, 2012 Submission Site Open

January 10, 2013 Submission Deadline (time: 11:59 pm, PST)

March 1, 2013 Author Decision Notification

March 15, 2013 Submission of Camera-Ready Manuscripts

June 13-14, 2013 Conference Date

See website for all details: http://www.elpub.net  http://www.elpub.net/

Join our community at:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Elpub-Conference/255715494465396