[Humanist] 26.588 job at Calgary (requested reminder)

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Dec 15 11:53:27 CET 2012

                              www.dhhumanist.org/
                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 10:11:56 +0000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: assistant professor position at Calgary

The Department of English at the University of Calgary invites
applications for  a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant
Professor, effective July 1, 2013.

We are seeking candidates with a completed  PhD in English or a closely
related discipline, a demonstrated  scholarly record, intellectual
breadth and flexibility,  and expertise in  Digital Humanities research
such as text analysis (algorithmic criticism, corpus linguistics), data
visualization, tool development, data curation/mining, GIS, digital
editing, social media/networked knowledge.   The successful applicant
will  be able to  contribute to  the teaching needs of the Department at
all levels and will be an active member of the Digital Arts and
Humanities working group.

The Department of English at the University of Calgary is one of the
most dynamic research and teaching departments in Canada, with thriving
MA and PhD programs and a strong undergraduate program.  We encourage
applications from all qualified women and men, including members of
visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
For more information about the Department, see our home page:
http://www.english.ucalgary.ca.

Applicants should send a curriculum vitae, a refereed publication or
project URL, and evidence of teaching effectiveness.  They should
arrange to have three confidential letters of reference forwarded
directly to:

Dr. Bart Beaty, Head
Department of English
University of Calgary
2500 University Drive NW
Calgary, Alberta  T2N 1N4
or by eEmail to the Department Manager,
Anne Jaggard: jaggard at ucalgary.ca
Original letters of reference must be sent to the address above.
Deadline: January 31, 2013 or when the position is filled.