[Humanist] 26.580 information sharing for UK archives

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Dec 14 07:00:44 CET 2012

                              www.dhhumanist.org/
                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 13:50:51 +0000
        From: "Prescott, Andrew" <andrew.prescott at kcl.ac.uk>
        Subject: FW: Introduction to the Digital Preservation Directory and an invitation to join

The National Archives has been developing a platform for archives across the UK and Ireland to share information of their digital preservation activities with one another. The directory, DigitalArchivesConnect, is in the form of an open source wiki:

http://daconnect.wikispaces.com/Home+page

This simple format allows users to add a profile of their organisation and its involvement in digital preservation, and to update and maintain their information.

We invite you to submit your own profile, and you can either do this by sending content to me, or adding it yourself using the guidelines on the website: http://daconnect.wikispaces.com/How+to . The preferred format for this content can be found here: http://daconnect.wikispaces.com/space.template.Profile+Details . Do not be shy! We are asking for users at any and every level of digital preservation.

Opening up communication on activity will lead to increased confidence on the subject, encourage partnerships and collaboration, and will help identify areas where wider training would be useful. Having promotion and communication in a single location will make knowledge sharing easier as well.

Please email me at dac at nationalarchives.gsi.gov.uk<mailto:dac at nationalarchives.gsi.gov.uk> with any comments and questions that you have. Every bit of feedback from you ensures that this directory will be utilised and easily accessible.