[Humanist] 26.546 bash scripting? print collection usage?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Dec 6 11:06:26 CET 2012

                              www.dhhumanist.org/
                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Patrick Durusau <patrick at durusau.net>                     (27)
        Subject: ....Print Collection Usage,Cornell University Library

  [2]   From:    "James O'Sullivan" <josullivan.c at gmail.com>               (22)
        Subject: Bash Scripting for Digital Humanities

        Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 20:03:36 -0500
        From: Patrick Durusau <patrick at durusau.net>

Willard,

The full title reads: "Report of the Collection Development Executive
Committee Task Force on Print Collection Usage Cornell University
Library" (2010).

In part it reports that 55% of the collection at Cornell from 1990 to
2010, has never circulated.

http://staffweb.library.cornell.edu/system/files/CollectionUsageTF_ReportFinal11-22-10.pdf

The report does not reach a conclusion based upon that observation but
from the tone of the report, I suspect further investigations were to
follow.

Have been similar studies of circulation elsewhere?

Hope you are having a great week!

Patrick

PS: I am not suggesting any conclusion could be drawn from an isolated
data point, even if it occurs quite frequently. On the other hand, it
may be a marker of an interesting area for investigation.

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick at durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)
Former Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau