[Humanist] 26.543 crowd-sourcing the curriculum?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Dec 3 07:13:36 CET 2012

                              www.dhhumanist.org/
                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 18:12:56 +0000
        From: Ray Siemens <siemens at uvic.ca>
        Subject: Crowd sourcing project for our "Intro to digital humanities" course

> From: Janet Simons <jsimons at hamilton.edu<mailto:jsimons at hamilton.edu>>
> Date: Friday, 30 November, 2012 1:49 PM
> Subject: Re: Crowd sourcing project for our "Intro to digital humanities" course

Dear Colleagues,

Hi!  Hope everyone is well as we begin to wrap up (or in some cases begin) our semesters.  We are trying an experiment in our new "Introduction to Digital Humanities" course and attempting to crowd-source and geo-locate information about teaching approaches in the humanities.  Our students are asking the question, "Which of the following methodologies are you currently using to teach students in the humanities?"

Our students have created a crowd-map using Ushahidi and we are sending you this linkin hopes that you or your colleagues may be able to provide data for our project:

https://hamiltonintrodh.crowdmap.com/

We will share the results with everyone at the end of the semester in late Dec.  Please forward this to anyone you think might be able to provide our students with data.

We thank you in advance!  Best wishes for the holidays!

Janet Simons & Angel David Nieves
Co-Directors, Digital Humanities Initiative (DHi)

Which of the following methodologies are you currently using to teach students in the humanities?

  *   Archive or Collection Development
  *   Cultural Analytics or Text Analytics
  *   Crowdsourcing
  *   Geospatial Techniques
  *   Virtual Worlds, 3D Modeling, and/or Games
  *   Other?

Please include examples as URLs or by uploading documents to www.dropitto.me/dhiHamiltonCollege http://www.dropitto.me/dhiHamiltonCollege  use the password “crowdsource.”

Thank you!

--