[Humanist] 26.538 URIs for classics

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Dec 1 10:26:15 CET 2012

                              www.dhhumanist.org/
                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 10:12:52 +0100
        From: Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>
        Subject: Re:  26.529 URIs for classics?

Hi Neven,

This is something that we've been thinking a lot about in relation to our
TEXTUS project [1] at the Open Knowledge Foundation [2].

I've also written several pieces about some of the problems and issues that
I've experienced as a humanities researcher here:

http://jonathangray.org/2012/02/14/the-citation-conundrum/
http://jonathangray.org/2012/05/28/on-making-digital-editions-of-public-domain-works-for-teaching-and-research/

I'd love to hear more about what others have done in this area!

All the best,

Jonathan

[1] See: http://textusproject.org/ and
http://jonathangray.org/2011/12/08/textus-an-open-source-platform-for-working-with-collections-of-texts-and-metadata/
[2] http://okfn.org/

--
Jonathan Gray  http://jonathangray.org/  | @jwyg  http://twitter.com/jwyg
The Open Knowledge Foundation  http://okfn.org/  |

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Humanist Discussion Group <