[Humanist] 26.239 events: girls
Humanist Discussion Group
willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Aug 22 07:02:50 CEST 2012
Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 26, No. 239.
Department of Digital Humanities, King's College London
Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 07:44:50 +0100
From: "Scullard, Susan" <susan.j.scullard at kcl.ac.uk>
Subject: Three weeks to go - Girls & Digital Culture: Transnational Reflections
Girls & Digital Culture: Transnational Reflections
Free places available for King's College London staff and students
Announcing an international interdisciplinary conference hosted by the Centre for Culture, Media and Creative Industries and the Department of Digital Humanities, King’s College, London.
Dates: 13/14th September 2012
Location: King’s College London, Strand Campus
This conference seeks to bring together current research exploring the relationship between contemporary girlhood and digital culture, in a transnational frame. Drawing on approaches from the arts, humanities and social sciences the conference will look at how contemporary transformations and transnational interconnections may be challenging existing social and cultural categories, power structures and global hegemonies. The conference will consider the following questions:
• What are the key debates in current research on girls, young women and digital culture?
• How might a transnational lens raise new questions, and what new ideas does it make thinkable?
• Is digital culture global culture?
• How does the development of new digital technologies affects notions and experiences of girlhood?
• How are girls using new digital technologies?
• How do ideas and practices move across national borders?
• What effects do transnational interconnections have on girlhood and digital culture?
Further information about the event can be found at: http://gdc.cch.kcl.ac.uk/
Registration is now open at: http://estore.kcl.ac.uk/browse/extra_info.asp?compid=1&modid=2&prodid=78&deptid=17&catid=16
Department of Digital Humanities
King’s College London
2nd Floor | 26-29 Drury Lane | London | WC2B 5RL
Tel: +44 (0)20 7848 2931
Fax: +44 (0)20 7848 2980
Email: digitalhumanities at kcl.ac.uk
More information about the Humanist