[Humanist] 26.223 jobs for educational technologist & for web developer

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Aug 10 19:02:50 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 18:52:35 +0100
        From: "Prescott, Andrew" <andrew.prescott at kcl.ac.uk>
        Subject: Jorum Team recruiting: Educational Technologist and Web Developer

> From: Sarah Currier <sarah.currier at MANCHESTER.AC.UK>
> Date: 9 August 2012 06:47:58 PM GMT+01:00
> Subject: Jorum Team recruiting: Educational Technologist and Web Developer

Dear all,

We’re recruiting two full-time posts for a year (note the different closing dates):

Jorum Educational Technologist
Closing date: 30th August 2012

Do you live and breathe OER? Are you keen to promote learning and teaching, and finding ways in which technologies can support it?

If the answer is yes, we may have just the role for you.

The Jorum Educational Technologist will be someone who is passionate about the world of OER and has a background in either educational technology support and development, or digital libraries/ repositories support and development, preferably within the HE or FE/Skills sector.

We are looking for someone who can:
* Communicate and gather evidence of Jorum’s benefits to the HE and FE/Skills sectors.
* Offer direct technical support to users in sharing and promoting their own content via Jorum, and finding and using Jorum content.
* Be confident and experienced in using social media to engage with OER creators and users; to share Jorum success stories; and to gather feedback.
* Communicate feedback and requirements from the community to the Jorum team.

Jorum Web Application Developer
Closing date: 20th August 2012

Our second role within the Jorum team is for a talented and motivated developer who will undertake a range of software and website development, training and support duties to ensure the ongoing development and maintenance of Jorum’s services.

You will manage the Jorum web application and websites; give training and presentations to the potential and existing users of the services; and contribute to meetings, workshops, events and external communications (including via social media).

The successful candidate will possess excellent Ruby programming skills and experience in using Ruby on Rails in automated build and deployment configurations, and hold good XSLT, CSS and JavaScript skills.

Follow this link to see how to apply: <http://www.jorum.ac.uk/news/two-new-jorum-roles-available> http://www.jorum.ac.uk/news/two-new-jorum-roles-available

Questions welcome off-list. Contact Ben Ryan for queries re the developer role: <mailto:benjamin.ryan at manchester.ac.uk> benjamin.ryan at manchester.ac.uk<mailto:benjamin.ryan at manchester.ac.uk>

Best wishes,
Sarah
--

Sarah Currier  |  Jorum Service Manager<http://www.jorum.ac.uk/>
Mimas  |  Roscoe Building (5th Floor)  |  Oxford Road  |  The University of Manchester  |  Manchester  |  United Kingdom  |  M13 9PL