[Humanist] 26.211 events: community informatics; digital tools & technologies

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Aug 6 16:38:32 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Peter Stadler <stadler at weber-gesamtausgabe.de>            (42)
        Subject: Edirom-Summer-School 2012 Registration open

  [2]   From:    Philipp Budka <philbu at gmx.net>                            (11)
        Subject: Connecting Canadians: Investigations in Community
                Informatics

        Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 09:50:46 +0200
        From: Peter Stadler <stadler at weber-gesamtausgabe.de>

Dear colleagues,

As already announced, the third Edirom-Summer-School on digital tools and
technologies in the humanities is to take place

** September 24 to 28, 2012 at the Heinz Nixdorf Institute, University of
Paderborn, Germany**

Registration is open at: http://www.edirom.de/summerschool2012

With a total of 13 classes it is our biggest summer school to date - not
least because of your great interest over the past years. Starting with
basic introductions to TEI (Text Encoding Initiative), MEI (Music Encoding
Initiative) and Edirom-Tools we continue with courses on
Edirom-Customization, introduction to eXist-db, XPath and regular
expressions, as well as XSLT. We are very excited to welcome external tutors
for the first time this year. Daniel Kurzawe and Tibor Kálmán (both GWDG,
Göttingen, Germany) from DARIAH-DE will hold an "introduction to
sustainable handling of research data", Axel Teich Geertinger (DCM,
Copenhagen) teaches "MerMEId Metadata Editor and Repository for MEI Data",
and Raffaele Viglianti (King's College, London) will teach "Encoding Text
and Music" and "An introduction to ODD".

This also has an impact on teaching language and we are happy to anounce
three classes in english, being:

- Encoding Text and Music (Sept 27)
- Manuscript Encoding and Digital Editions based on MEI (Sept 27 to 28)
 - An introduction to ODD (Sept 28)

Attendance is open to everyone and we will only charge a mere €5.00
contribution for refreshments for each half day of attendance. Registration
deadline is due August 31, 2012. On low registration numbers we reserve the
right to merge or cancel classes.

The Edirom-Summer-School team is looking forward to your attendance at
Paderborn. For further information visit
http://www.edirom.de/summerschool2012.

With best wishes from your organisation team,
Peter Stadler and Benjamin W. Bohl

Edirom - Projekt "Digitale Musikedition"
Musikwissenschaftliches Seminar Detmold/Paderborn
Gartenstraße 20
D – 32756 Detmold

Tel. +49 (0) 5231 / 975-665
Fax: +49 (0) 5231 / 975-668