[Humanist] 25.917 events: Renaissance studies; art

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Apr 26 07:22:02 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Michael Ullyot <ullyot at ucalgary.ca>                       (29)
        Subject: CFP: Renaissance Studies and New Technologies

  [2]   From:    "Bentkowska-Kafel, Anna" <anna.bentkowska at kcl.ac.uk>      (43)
        Subject: Display: Consume: Respond - Digital Engagement with Art -
                28thannual CHArt conference

        Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 10:59:36 -0600
        From: Michael Ullyot <ullyot at ucalgary.ca>

Since 2001, the Renaissance Society of America annual meetings have featured panels on new technologies for scholarly research, publishing, and teaching. At the 2013 meeting (San Diego, 4-6 April 2013;  http://bit.ly/ICKxfF ), several panels will cover these new and emerging projects and methodologies.

We seek proposals in and beyond the following areas:
a) new technology and research (individual or group projects)
b) new technology and teaching (individual or group projects)
c) new technology and publication (e.g. from the vantage point of authors, traditional and non-traditional publishers)

We welcome proposals for papers, panels, demonstrations, and/or workshop presentations that focus on these issues and others. Your proposal should include a title, a 150-word abstract, and a one-paragraph CV.

Please send proposals before Wednesday 6 June 2012 to Michael Ullyot < ullyot {at} ucalgary.ca >

** Through the support of Iter, we are pleased to be able to offer travel subventions on a competitive basis to graduate students who present on these panels. Those wishing to be considered for a subvention should indicate this in their abstract submission. **

NB: All participants must be members of the RSA by August 2013 or they cannot be included in the program.

William R. Bowen
University of Toronto Scarborough

Diane Jakacki
Georgia Institute of Technology

Ray Siemens
University of Victoria

Michael Ullyot
University of Calgary

Michael Ullyot, Assistant Professor
Department of English, University of Calgary
ullyot.ucalgaryblogs.ca/  |  @ullyot  |  403.220.4656