[Humanist] 25.910 events: THATCamp Caribbean

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun Apr 22 09:11:29 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 13:57:07 -0400
        From: Alex Gil <colibri.alex at gmail.com>
        Subject: THATCamp Caribbean 2012

Dear friends,

I am writing to invite you to join us in Puerto Rico in November for the
first THATCamp in the broader Caribbean. We are hoping to bring together
librarians and scholars from in and outside of the Caribbean to talk about
the future of digital scholarship in and for the Caribbean. We expect to
cover five main areas in our 'unconference': Scholarly communications, new
media, digital preservation, technology in the classroom and computational
methodologies.

A THATCamp is not your typical conference. If you have never been to one,
be ready for a wonderful experience. To learn more about our THATCamp
Caribbean visit our website. [link:
http://caribbean2012.thatcamp.**org/ http://caribbean2012.thatcamp.org/
 ]

Registration for THATCampCaribe 2012 is free and open. For questions please
contact me, [mailto: alexgil at virginia.edu ]

Alex Gil
THATCampCaribe 2012 Coordinator