[Humanist] 25.906 events: lectures; conference; round-table discussion

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Apr 20 07:11:16 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Lorna M. Hughes" <lmh at llgc.org.uk>                       (13)
        Subject: Nancy Maron talk at National Library of Wales

  [2]   From:    "Stefan Sinclair, Prof" <stefan.sinclair at mcgill.ca>       (24)
        Subject: Public Digital Humanities Round-table at McGill

  [3]   From:    Aurélien_Berra <Aurelien.Berra at gmail.com>                (26)
        Subject: The Papyrus and the Hypertext. Athenaeus in the Scholarly
                Kitchen

  [4]   From:    Aurélien_Berra <Aurelien.Berra at gmail.com>                (10)
        Subject: Lecture by Gregory Crane on "citizen scholarship" (4 May,
                Paris)

        Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 09:41:54 +0100
        From: "Lorna M. Hughes" <lmh at llgc.org.uk>

You are invited to a seminar hosted by the National Library of Wales:

Sustaining Value: The Challenge of Digital Collections
Nancy Maron, Ithaka S+R

Thursday April 26th, at 2pm.

Seminar Room, Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, National Library of Wales

For the past several years, Ithaka S+R’s research and strategy team has studied the challenges that leaders of digital content projects face after the project is built and launched. Some run into trouble when a grant ends, they first start to ponder sustainability and realize how difficult it will be to identify sources of ongoing support. Others may not face financial crisis, but fail to build significant audience and deliver their intended impact. This presentation will share findings from our recent work, including the JISC-funded Case Studies in Sustainability project that draw lessons from the experiences of twelve projects (including 6 in the UK). In addition, we will share progress on our current study, Strategies of Host Institution Support.

http://www.ithaka.org/ithaka-s-r/staff/nancy-maron

--
Professor Lorna M. Hughes
University of Wales Chair in Digital Collections

Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru	National Library of Wales
Lorna.Hughes at llgc.org.uk	Ffôn / Phone 01970 632 499

http://www.llgc.org.uk/