[Humanist] 25.904 ACH Microgrant winners

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Apr 20 07:07:17 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 21:49:50 +0000
        From: "Nowviskie, Bethany (bpn2f)" <bpn2f at eservices.virginia.edu>
        Subject: ACH announces Microgrants winners

The Association for Computers and the Humanities is pleased to announce the winners of our 2012 Microgrants competition.

ACH Microgrants were established to reward enterprising ideas that serve the digital humanities community by building on existing ACH initiatives like ach.org<http://ach.org>, Digital Humanities Quarterly, and DH Answers.  We especially value proposals from emerging scholars and DH practitioners that promise to expand the community, create new content or analyses of existing content, or build links with other DH initatives.

Our 2012 ACH Microgrants winners are:

Amanda Visconti (PhD student, Maryland-College Park): $285 to develop and share methods for visualizing the citation network evident in articles published by Digital Humanities Quarterly;

Quinn Dombrowski (U Chicago): $169 for a proposal on behalf of DH Commons and Bamboo DiRT, to provide cross-linking from both projects with mentions of specific tools on Digital Humanities Questions and Answers; and

Matt Burton (PhD student, Michigan) and Dave Lester (PhD student, UC Berkeley): $500 to develop a digital humanities jobs database, incorporating historical data collected by ACH.

All three projects promise to benefit the international community ACH serves.

With thanks to our 2012 Microgrants committee (Susan Schreibman, Kathleen Fitzpatrick, Julia Flanders, Jentery Sayers, Geoffrey Rockwell, and Jeremy Douglass),

Bethany Nowviskie

Dr. Bethany Nowviskie
Director, Digital Research & Scholarship, UVA Library
Associate Director, Scholarly Communication Institute
President, Association for Computers & the Humanities
scholarslab.org/<http://scholarslab.org/> ● uvasci.org/<http://uvasci.org/> ● ach.org/<http://ach.org/>