[Humanist] 25.895 dissertation reviewing

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Apr 17 06:43:07 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 14:39:37 +0100
        From: Leon Rocha <larocha at GMAIL.COM>
        Subject: 12 New Dissertation Reviews Fields Coming Soon

[The following is republished from the Mersenne list
(www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mersenne.html). I note that no one
currently edits a list for the Digital Humanities. --WM]

Dear Colleagues,

We are proud to announce that, starting in the 2012-13 academic year,
Dissertation Reviews will undergo a major expansion to include 12 new and
enlarged fields (for a total of 15 fields in all). If you would like to
have your dissertation reviewed, or help us by serving as a reviewer,
please contact dissertationreviews at gmail.com.

Our new fields, and their respective Field Editors, include:

Bioethics (Tamara Kayali)
Chinese Literature (Lucas Klein)
Inner Asian Studies (Loretta Kim)
*Korean Studies (John DiMoia)
Medical Anthropology (Orkideh Behrouzan)
Premodern Japanse Literature (William Fleming)
Russian Studies (Elizabeth McGuire and Philippa Hetherington)
South Asian Studies (Rebecca Grapevine)
Southeast Asian Studies (Chiara Formichi)
Tibetan and Himalayan Studies (Nicole Willock and Nancy G. Lin)
Visual Studies (Rikke Schmidt Kjaergaard)
Women's Writing (Sophie Blanch)
[* Korean Studies is both a continuation and expansion of the field
pioneered this past year by Nancy Abelmann and Laura Nelson]

In addition, our current constellation of fields will continue to operate,
featuring reviews of work in:

Chinese History (Thomas S. Mullaney)
Japan Studies (Dennis Frost)
Science Studies (Leon Rocha)

For more information, please visit www.dissertationreviews.org

Sincerely,

Thomas S. Mullaney (History, Stanford University -- Editor-in-Chief)
Leon Rocha (HPS, University of Cambridge -- Managing Editor)