[Humanist] 25.321 growth of jobs in digital humanities

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun Sep 25 08:33:04 GMT 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 21:56:07 +1000
        From: Desmond Schmidt <desmond.schmidt at qut.edu.au>
        Subject: growth of digital humanities

There have been a lot of advertisements for jobs lately on Humanist.
So I used the Humanist archive to do a survey of the last 10 years.
I counted jobs that had both a digital and a humanities component, were
full time, lasted at least 12 months and were at PostDoc level or higher.

2002: 11
2003: 6
2004: 15
2005: 15