[Humanist] 25.438 events: Preservation Research Exchange; Language Techology

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Oct 31 09:19:27 CET 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        From: Humanist Discussion Group <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>

                      Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

       [1]   From:    Kathryn Pierce <katie.a.pierce at gmail.com>                 (51)
              Subject: Preservation Research Exchange 2012 Call for Abstracts Extended

       [2]   From:    "Lauersdorf, Mark R" <lauersdorf at uky.edu>                 (55)
              Subject: Second Call: Language Technology at KFLC 2012

              Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 13:59:44 -0500
              From: Kathryn Pierce <katie.a.pierce at gmail.com>

Please contribute to and/or forward to appropriate groups the following
opportunity to submit abstracts for papers and posters to PREx 2012:
Sustaining Digital Heritage.

The submission deadline is extended to November 15, 2011.

-----PREx 2012 - Call for Submissions-----

Preservation Research Exchange 2012: Sustaining Digital Heritage
February 17 -- 19, 2012
The University of Texas at Austin

The Preservation Research Exchange (PREx) is the third annual symposium
hosted by Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) preservation
doctoral fellows. PREx will be held February 17-19, 2012 at the School of
Information, The University of Texas at Austin. This no-cost symposium is
for graduate students, faculty, and other scholars interested in sharing
digital heritage research.

The theme this year is Sustaining Digital Heritage. PREx is an opportunity
for diverse disciplines to come together and share research about the many
facets of sustaining digital artifacts. We are looking for original research
exploring the technical, cultural, political, social, and historical aspects
of sustaining digital heritage. Join us and share your research! The
Preservation Research Exchange 2012 web site is www.ischool.utexas.edu/prex.
http://www.ischool.utexas.edu/prex

The three-day event will feature posters, panel presentations, speakers, and
tours. We are soliciting abstracts for both posters and 20-minute panel
presentations. Abstracts should be no more than 500 words. In your abstract,
please briefly describe your presentation idea and include full contact
information (e.g. full name, affiliations, email, and phone number). Please
name your file PREx_[enter last name_first name]. Poster and paper abstracts
are due November 15, 2011. Email your submission to:
prex at ischool.utexas.edu.

Proposal receipt will be acknowledged via email within a few days of
receipt. The abstracts will be reviewed in a double-blind process. All
authors will be notified of decisions by December 15, 2011.

The PREx Planning Committee consists of Carol Brock, April Norris, and
Kathryn Pierce, IMLS doctoral students at the iSchool, The UT-Austin. We
look forward to meeting you in February 2012.