[Humanist] 25.401 new from King's

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Oct 20 07:33:49 CEST 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 21:58:57 +0100
        From: "Prescott, Andrew" <andrew.prescott at kcl.ac.uk>
        Subject: News from King's College London

Dear Willard,

We have recently had some discussion on Humanist about the good news in
terms of job openings in the digital humanities, so its perhaps
appropriate to report news about improvements in contracts and career
prospects for existing staff in a digital humanities unit. Like many
digital humanities outfits, one of the long-term problems in the
Department of Digital Humanities at King's College London has been
restricted opportunities to move into academic streams and a reliance on
short-term contracts with resulting insecurities. With the support of the
School of Arts and Humanities, a major restructuring of contracts has
taken place within the Department of Digital Humanities that has enabled
staff to choose between academic, research and developer career paths. A
number of staff have been offered long-term contracts and others have been
promoted. I append the new staff list below. I am sure that you will want
to join me in congratulating John Bradley, Paul Spence, Peter Stokes and
Paul Vetch on their promotion to Senior Lecturer. Much of the groundwork
for this restructuring was laid before I joined the Department, and the
restructuring was very much a team effort, but I nevertheless think that
the Department (and digital humanities more widely) owes a debt of
gratitude to Paul Spence as Acting Head of Department for his work in
pushing through this restructuring.

Andrew

Professor Andrew Prescott
Department of Digital Humanities
King's College London
28-29 Drury Lane
London WC2B 5RL

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/artshums/depts/ddh/

Surname			First Name		Position Title
Ajanta			Btihaj			Lecturer
Baker			Drew			Research Fellow
Bentkowska-Kafel	Anna				Research Associate
Blazeby			Martin			Research Fellow
Bodard			Gabriel			Research Associate
Bradley			John				Senior Lecturer
Brookes			Stewart			Research Associate (Digital Palaeography)
Caballero			Beatriz			Research Developer
Caton			Paul				Research Associate
Denard			Hugh			Lecturer
Goddard			Kevin			Research & Business Manager
Hall				Elliott			Research Developer
Jakeman			Neil				Research Developer
Jordan			Tim				Senior Lecturer
Kelly			Jasmine			Content Manager
Lavagnino		John			Reader
Lawrence		Faith			Research Associate
Litta Modignani
Picozzi			Eleonora			Research Assistant
Little				David			Research Developer
McCarty			Willard			Professor
Monteiro Viera		José Miguel		Research Fellow
Noel				Geoffroy			Research Developer
Pasin			Michele			Research Associate
Pierazzo			Elena			Lecturer
Prescott			Andrew			Professor (Head of Department from 1st January 2012)
Short			Harold			Professor
Spence			Paul				Senior Lecturer (Acting Head of Department to 31st December 2011)
Stokes			Peter			Senior Lecturer
Tanner			Simon			Director of KCL Digital Consultancy Services
Tupman			Charlotte			Project Research Associate
Vetch			Paul				Senior Lecturer
Walda			Hafed			Research Fellow
Watts			Timothy			Systems Administrator