[Humanist] 25.392 software for glossaries; collective noun

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Oct 18 07:35:01 CEST 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Kirk Lowery <empirical.humanist at gmail.com>                (12)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 25.390 software for glossaries?

  [2]   From:    "centrostudicomparati at libero.it"                          (43)
                <centrostudicomparati at libero.it>
        Subject: R: [Humanist] 25.390 software for glossaries?

  [3]   From:    Mark Winokur <Mark.Winokur at Colorado.EDU>                  (18)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 25.376 collective noun

        Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 12:36:35 +0200
        From: Kirk Lowery <empirical.humanist at gmail.com>

>        Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 22:42:19 +0200
>        From: "Jan Rybicki" <jkrybicki at gmail.com>
>        Subject: Glossary-making software
>
> A student of (a colleague of) mine is looking for software that would help
> her produce a glossary of a philosophical work. Any suggestions?

LaTeX has a glossary package. But TeX has a fierce learning curve.
Worth learning, in my opinion, but if it's a one-off project and LaTeX
has no further use, then my guess is that she's stuck with a word
processor and manual formatting.

Hope this helps,

Kirk