[Humanist] 25.377 software for apparatus

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Oct 14 08:43:33 CEST 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Torsten Schaßan <schassan at HAB.DE>                         (3)
        Subject: AW: Apparatus Programs

  [2]   From:    Tom Salyers <tom.d.salyers at gmail.com>                     (44)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 25.374 software for editing a complex
                apparatus?

        Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 07:00:46 +0100
        From: Torsten Schaßan <schassan at HAB.DE>

Hi, besides the two programs mentioned (Notabene and CTE) I would add Tustep, which is capable of the same things. Anyway, my first question would be: What do you want to do with the text? If for example you want to do both an print and online edition I would considern none of the above mentioned programs right but I would propose encoding them in TEI and deal with it with all he means that XML gives us. Would that be an option? Best, Torsten

Von Samsung Mobile gesendet